What is a Reading Room?
The Christian Science Reading Room is a unique combination of a library with a study area and a bookstore dedicated to supporting your ability to experience God’s loving presence. This welcoming space provides an atmosphere for you to feel the loving care of a Father-Mother God. Free of typical distractions, you’ll have an opportunity to consider spiritual answers for day-to-day challenges, as well as ponder the deeper issues of life. The Bible and the teachings of Christian Science will bring you closer to God. The Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy provides a full statement of these teachings and unlocks the Bible’s promises. Visitors comment on feeling blessed by learning more about their special relationship to God as divine Love. You are invited to make yourself comfortable and study any of the available reading materials, ask questions, or go online and take advantage of helpful and inspiring resources at christianscience.com and jsh-online.com. The welcome mat is out for you!
The materials available in the Reading Room for study or purchase include:
- The Holy Bible, various Bible translations, Bible dictionaries, Bible concordances, and other reference works for Bible study.
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Various Christian Science pamphlets addressing specific issues like prayer, healing, grief, and addiction.
- The newest edition of The Christian Science Journal (monthly publication), The Christian Science Sentinel (weekly publication), and The Christian Science Herald (bi-monthly publication); and bound periodicals of these same publications dating back to the year 1883.
- The newest edition of The Christian Science Monitor (an international, Pulitzer prize winning, weekly and daily online newspaper also a weekly print news magazine).
- All other miscellaneous writings authored by Mary Baker Eddy (the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science) and a variety of biographies about her remarkable life and exceptional accomplishments.
- Children’s books, Music CD’s, and Note Cards.
- Treasured Again Books and pamphlets: these items are lightly used and produced by the Christian Science Publishing Society.
Christian Science Reading Room
222 N. 10th Street, Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 344-5301 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – closed most national holidays