What is a Reading Room?
The Christian Science Reading Room is essentially a library and bookstore combination dedicated to the topic of God, who the Holy Bible introduces as “our Father”, and as “Love” and “Spirit.” This unique space is designed to minimize distractions so visitors are free to contemplate intelligent ideas about eternal Life, as presented in the Bible and the teachings of Christian Science, also referred to as the “Science of Being.” A blessing is assured whenever effort is made to learn something true about God and the extraordinary relationship we each share with Him. Visitors are invited to make themselves comfortable and study any of the available reading materials or access online resources connected to christianscience.com and jsh-online.com.
The materials available in the Reading Room for study or purchase include:
- The Holy Bible, various Bible translations, Bible dictionaries, Bible concordances, and other reference works for Bible study.
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Various Christian Science pamphlets addressing specific issues like prayer, healing, grief, and addiction.
- The newest edition of The Christian Science Journal (monthly publication), The Christian Science Sentinel (weekly publication), and The Christian Science Herald (bi-monthly publication); and bound periodicals of these same publications dating back to the year 1883.
- The newest edition of The Christian Science Monitor (an international, Pulitzer prize winning, weekly and daily online newspaper also a weekly print news magazine).
- All other miscellaneous writings authored by Mary Baker Eddy (the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science) and a variety of biographies about her remarkable life and exceptional accomplishments.
- Children’s books, Music CD’s, and Note Cards.
- Treasured Again Books and pamphlets: these items are lightly used and produced by the Christian Science Publishing Society.
Christian Science Reading Room
222 N. 10th Street, Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 344-5301 or email: email@example.com
Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM